Thursday, January 28, 2010

10th SGDF Nationals, 3rd NTU Latin Nationals


Haha another period of silence lingers in the air before this post, so well, here goes.

It has been quite a while before I felt rather happy and satisfied, that is, on last Sunday 24 Jan 2010, my first Singapore National Latin Dance Competition !

Really could not have imagined myself competiting on a national level with Ngee Ann Poly, Singapore Poly and our own NTU couples. It was a very hyped event, lots of planning from our side (I did mainly logistics, haha), and of course full of very energetic ladies and suave gentlemen.

YES ! The results were satisfying !

We managed to clinch
Tertiary Category (Rumba) : 4th
Open Category (Cha Cha) : 3rd

I got a MEDAL ! and I am happy about it !
I think it is because it is something which I put in my heart and sweat to achieve.

Of course most of all I got to thank my partner, Elaine !
Her performance was really amazing!
Given much lesser time than me to practice, in terms of techniques, drama, showmanship, she really surpassed me in it. Haha but I think I win her in feeling the beat of the music... Ok lar just joking.

Thanks to FAIZ !!! Great captain who motivates us ! (not going into details due to reasons)
Haha also thanks to Ethan and Sukyee who were so patience to give us important pointers.

Not forgetting my supporters ! Thank you all !
I was very very happy ! Course they actually came down to watch me !
It may seem nothing, but it shows that they cared, and it shows that I exist.

I really appreciated that deep down.

I may have neglected some of my friends in the past, but I will definitely do much better in future !

Sky, Ms Goh, Eileen Zhang Ai Mei !
Power right ??!! I bet my "蛇腰" totally rock you guys out ! Haha I was'nt joking when I said I'm good right??? Hor ??? hor ???!!! Anyway I have to mentioned it but next outing we are really going JB to eat Ba Gu Teh.

Ah Long, Xiuwen, Helen
Thanks man my HC 203 Casualties Gang ! I hope you guys enjoyed the show ! Eh I never disappoint you all with my promise of a sexy costume and dance right ??!!

Foot '08
Wah you all are so steady ! Thanks for coming too !!! I really cherish our friendship !

Foot'09 + Whee WHee WHEE
Haha as usual , Ms Loh and gang are always so happy people ! Having Hafizah, Joel and Ms Loh smiles are really inspiring to me when I dance! Thanks !

Wah it was actually to my surprise that I topped the "DSA Ticket Seller" chart with 12 tickets sold.
Friends prescence really helped, because it excites me to be more dramatic during the dance !

2 comments:

i stole pears said...

hello JJ! i must say that i'm very impressed with your written english, it has improved so much. :D so happy for you! but some how it also seems to have lost the JJ touch. perhaps i'm just too used to JJ not caring about his command of english. i remb how we used to tease you about it. i like your photos too! i think you are getting better. i think i'm getting lazy. :( -reimin

Iori said...

Yo Ms Pear ! Wah felt so guilty cos we haven went out with u since ur back and I guess u shd be gg back Aust. When are u gg back ??? Lets have a meal before u do so ! Haha thanks thanks, trying conciously to improve my english before I go out to the working world sia. Hmm somehow I felt that I have changed abit too~~~weird weird, yr 3 old liao HAHA !