Sunday, November 29, 2009

Another Memory of Me

Ok this fat guy in the picture is our ACS(I) softball coach for the 10th year running.
His catch phrase is "The more you are afraid of the ball, the more the ball will come towards you"

That was a warning for all us softballers when we are afraid of the ball during fielding.

It was a pleasant ACS(I) Softballers Gathering at Madm Yoon's House, our teacher in charge, also in her 10th year running. Its amusing to look back at how Mrs Yoon made an announcement after Chapel in Auditorium, making known of a new CCA in school during the end of year 1.

I was among the first few people to walk up and signed up on the spot.

The time frame passes as we trained our guts out during holidays, whether in Hwa Chong JC or Nanyang Girl's High, with Sihowe and Ri Dong so as to mentioned. Interesting matches and girl talks were still vivid in our memories as we recalled last night, how a Double Play was a near success, how I sprain my arm, blah blah.

There was also something which still remains a topic over the years, which was why did I quitted the team at the end of sec 3, when everything was fine and we were a great team.

Its not constructive to say that its a mistake now, although it is.
I reckon the mindset was the changed factor.

I still remembered the exact train of thoughts at the moment when I decided to quit, sitting down in the ACS(I) Library. I flunked my A Maths and grades are in critical levels, Ri Dong was away for a holiday, and there was this cocky guy whom my coached used to threaten to replace me if I underperformed.

Snapped. Don't Care. Quit.

Not easy to give up something which I liked.
Not something which I can face afterwards too.
Maybe thinking and worrying too much makes you feel like sitting on a rocking chair, you keep moving but it gets you nowhere.

No comments: